8.18.2014

Dog Dayz of August

"At the end of the day your feet should be dirty, 
your hair messy & your eyes sparkling."

Today one of my good friends & I kayaked over 20 miles on the Clarks Fork River. The Clarks Fork is a winding & s-l-o-w river, even when that water is "up" & muddied. Really enjoyed this day - It was so quite & peaceful. & I got the most amazing (ever) tan on my legs. We saw lots of beautiful birds & waterfowl: a couple bald eagles, a golden eagle, sea gulls, pelicans, geese, numerous species of ducks, & "sand piper" type birds. The sun was hot, & the water was cold; it was a perfect day for relaxing on the water, enjoying creation, & soaking up summer…

… Here's some music for your ears too. A song that reminds me of summertime. & days gone by, & the simple repetition of life; longings, dreams, work, knowledge, fulfillment - journeys to find ourselves, only to find we already know who we were - & already have what we want.



"I know there's California, Oklahoma and all of the places I ain't ever been to, but down in the valley with whiskey rivers, these are the places you will find me hidin', these are the places I will always go, these are the places I will always go, I am on my way, I am on my way, I am on my way back to where I started." ~The Head & The Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment