9.08.2014

Hiking in September -

Mystic Lake, Montana. 435 acres, 205+ ft deep, elevation 7,683 ft. 
I grew up in the Appalachian Mountains, & now live by the Rocky Mountains. Mountains have a very special place in my heart. As a child, I spent every moment of free time playing & exploring in the mts & foothills. Now, as an adult, the mountains are still my "playground" year-round. I always feel like a little child when I look at the mountains. I also feel very privileged & blessed to be able to live & walk among them. The sheer size of mountains, always strikes me with awe. Makes me realize how small & helpless I am. I hike as much as I can during the summer, & ski during the winter. It soothes the mind to be in the mountains - getting away from the hustle, noise, & businesses of life is refreshing; it puts things into perspective, lets ya see the big picture. The beauty & complexity of God's creation is amazing. There's no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this! Move your body, still your mind. Hike while you can. Go outside & do something you will remember. Do not view mountains from the scale of human thought, explore His earth & keep the wonder!

"Slow down & enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss when going by too fast — you also miss the sense of where you are going & why." - Eddie Cantor 

down to earth….
-GB

No comments:

Post a Comment